Wednesday, December 19, 2007

winter solstice celebration

Happy Winter Celebration!

Is that too P.C. for you? Sorry. I like it better that way. When you say Happy Winter Celebration, it almost sounds like the WHOLE winter is a celebration. That would be way awesomer.

I say this now because I will not be at work again until Dec. 26. That's right, I have a few days of vacation left that I have to take because if I don't use them, they disappear. Let's use this idea for a couplet:

Those are my vacation days, and I will lose them
If, for one moment, I hesitate to use them.

Wasn't that fun?

Anyways, I will be celebrating underneath my silver tree. Yep, it's a very rare tree that is hard to find. I think its botanical name is Pine Silverado.

I had to go to the Silver Forest in Rainbow Land and cut down a silver pine. The forest is a little scary with all the griffins, but as long as you treat them with respect, they're cool. I said the magic words, "Emoc Htiw Em Revlis Eert Dna I Lliw Ekat Erac Fo Eeht" and then I had my silver tree!

It was fun day in Rainbow Land. It's hard to get to because you can only go there when there is a rainbow in the sky, and when you leave, you don't know where you'll end up. You leave wherever the rainbow is at that time. I got out in Hoboken...holding a silver tree. It looked a little weird, but I got home safely.

Ok, that's enough story for one day. I'll talk to everybody again next week! I hope you enjoy whatever you celebrate: Christmas, Boxing Day, Kwanzaa, or any other variation/combination.

And I leave you with Happy Winter Celebration!

I have to go find a rainbow...they have a FANTASTIC candy store in Rainbow Land...I need another fix...

Enjoy!

-Lopez

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Come with me silver tree and I will take care of thee."

Jeez, and I just have an old hand me down fake tree from my in-laws that is slowly losing all its needles. Not half so magical!!!

Did you ever see those upside down Christmas trees that were popular a year or two ago? Bizarre.

Have a great vacation Lopez! Happy holidays to you and your loved ones!

Anonymous said...

Darn it! You got the code really quickly. It wasn't really hard, but I was hoping it would stump you for more than a few seconds. Oh well. At least it rhymes, right?

Thank you for the warm wishes.

I have been the upside-down forest as well. Much harder to get a tree there since I'm upside-up the whole time. And you bump into a lot of birds. Not worth it..and they do look funny. Though, I guess it depends on your perspective.

Have a grand holiday!

Anonymous said...

Lopez-
Are there unicorns in the forest, also? Your tree sounds like it might work as a Festivus pole as well.
big sis

Anonymous said...

It is a silver solstice tree, actually. The unicorns don't go into the silver tree forest. They stay in the Pink Tree Forest on the other side of the rainbow. Kind of like Penguins on the South Pole...except with unicorns.

Robert Burgess said...

Your Rainbow Land sounds a lot like Laura Laura Land, the place Bobb says I go when I kind of space out.

Thanks for the mention of our site on your blog. Enjoy your very rare time off, and happy holidays/winter wishes/christmas blessings/whatever you choose!