Monday, December 31, 2007

the eve of the new year

Well, thank goodness for our organization of time. Without it, things would just be a mess. It seems to work out fairly well. Time hasn't stopped yet...so I guess it's working...right?

It is time to celebrate the new year! Well...that is if use the calendar that says that it is going to be 2008 tomorrow. I know the Chinese new year is a little ways away and if you're Jewish, it already happened. But for everybody else, it's time to par-tay! Well...that is if you're not boring like me.

Yeah, I'll probably go to bed by 10pm tonight. Oh well.

What do you do on New Year's Eve? I used to have a tradition when I was younger. Do you remember "Snick" on Nickelodeon? It was short for Saturday Night Nick. They had shows like Roundhouse, Ren and Stimpy, and The Adventures of Pete and Pete. Well, every year they would show a marathon of Pete and Pete. I used to LOVE that show. I still have them all on tape. Yeah, on VHS. They would have a marathon until the New Year's Eve episode and then it was Midnight. I would open the door and go outside for a second and breathe in the cool air of the new year. Then I would go to bed.

Now, since there is no Pete and Pete, I just go to bed. Dang...I've gotten old!

I'd love to hear your traditions. Even if you don't do them anymore. Maybe I will watch some Pete and Pete episodes tonight...just for fun. I'll probably fall asleep on the couch, but whatever, I don't have to work tomorrow!

Yay!

I'm off to go get my noisemakers and party hats ready.

Enjoy!

-Lopez

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year, Lopez!!!

Anonymous said...

Snick had a Pete and Pete marathon and I never watched it! Darn!

Anonymous said...

I just discovered the website who writes about
many
home business ideas

If you want to know more here it is
home based business reviews
www.home-businessreviews.com