Thursday, February 28, 2008

garfield

I used to LOVE Garfield. I had all those collections of the comic strip. I had a lot of them, too. Like 30 of'em. They always used to offer them with those book clubs I could order from way back when I was in the School of the Elements! aka: Elementary School

What was it...Scholastic Book Club or something? I can't remember. I used to get them when RIF came to school too. I think they were trying to convince me that Reading Is FUN-d-mental. Instead, I read Garfield comics.

I remember that they would call you to the cafeteria and there would be these little primary-color bookcases with books. Obviously. Then, you pick a book and they wrote RIF in it. I guess to prove that I didn't steal it or something. I don't remember kids achin' to steal books, though.

Anyways, I really wanted to talk to you about this website I found. It's freaky!

http://garfieldminusgarfield.tumblr.com/

This person removed Garfield from the comic strip. It's weird how the strip comes out. It's almost sad. It becomes this dark look at modern life. John becomes this crazy, pathetic guy who is losing the fight against life. It's almost like he's talking to you in some of the strips. It's creepy! Some of the strips almost make me want to cry!

I have to keep checking this site to see what happens to John. I feel for him. It's like the car crash that you have to look at. Those empty panels are eerie. I can't stop thinking about it!

I should go. I think it's time to take control of the Elements! Just like we learned in school!

Earth! Wind! Water! Fire! Heart!

Enjoy!

-Lopez

No comments: