Tuesday, February 5, 2008

mardi gras

It's time for Mardi Gras! I think that's French for "Marty likes to eat grass". How that became a party in New Orleans I'll never know.

My rock star parents went to a Mardi Gras party and stayed up until 10:30pm! I know! They went out on a Saturday night and partied till way before the crack of dawn.

Why are they rock stars? Want to hear about my Saturday night? I got home from work around 8pm and watched tv until I fell asleep. I fell asleep around 10:30pm. See! My parents were just finishing their party when I was already konked out.

I don't know if you're doing anything to celebrate mardi gras, but if you're doing it before 6pm, then I'd like to come. I get drowsy after six. I'm not much of a rock star. I'm more like a rock. A lumpy, moldy rock. Why can't I be old? Er...I mean...my parents aren't old...I meant to say why can't I be retired. Yeah...that's what I meant.

I'm off to shuffle to bed.

Enjoy!

-Lopez

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lopez-
Your sister was dancin' and rockin' out to Trombone Shorty at Tipitina's in New Orleans Sat. night until 2:30 am. If you EVER have a chance to see that band, go and check them out. Rock on Mardi Gras revelers.
big sis

Anonymous said...

Don't be fresh to your parents!! (Although, it may be good practice for your play.)

Mom