Tuesday, March 25, 2008

back from the NC

Hi again folks. I'm back from North Carolina. It was a good time, but it's good to be back.

Have you ever been to North Carolina? I haven't. It's pretty much the same...except different. Got it? Cool.

I got a biscuit from Bojangles. I was told I had to. I swear, it was NOT a decision I came to on my own. I WANTED to go to Biscuitville but I heard the "ville" was NOT the place to get biscuits. Bojangles is THE place for biscuit.

I hate to say this...but it tasted like a biscuit. It was good...but I am not sure as to why it is THE biscuit to get.

Quizno's was great! I liked them. That's not a southern place though....

OH!!!! If a place tells you they have gourmet sandwiches and can't tell you what gourmet means, BE CAUTIOUS! If you've been there...you'll understand. I don't want to badmouth the place, but I was not impressed.

Hmmmm....what else....ahhhh...If you want REALLY good food, then get some of my mom's manicotti. I think she has a bunch left over.

That's about all I can say about my trip. Oh...One more thing. You can get frozen custard. I don't know what that means. It's like a soft ice cream. It is also good. I think it's Goodberry's.

Ok. I'm done talking about food from NC.

I'm off to look up the word gourmet...I have a letter to write.

Enjoy!

-Lopez

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I went to North Caroline once and someone actually said to me "Mighty fine day." It was surreal. It would be like going to Australia and having someone actually suggest throwing another shrimp on the barbie.

Mighty fine day, Lopez. Mighty fine day.

Anonymous said...

What?!? No mention of Great Blue sightings??

Anonymous said...

I think we were too far inland for whales. I'm sorry!

Unless that's another place to eat. If it is, let me know!

Anonymous said...

Great Blue Herons!

Anonymous said...

OOOOOOH! Yes...there was a heron. I did try to get pictures, but I'm no Art Wolfe. (The photographer on that PBS show)