Wednesday, March 12, 2008

my moves will be so hot, you'll have to stand under the fan

HA! That's a line from a "Hello, Goodbye" song. It always makes me laugh.

This morning we were talking about some of the cockiest things that people in music said and I HAD to repeat something that David Lee Roth said.

"If you put a Van Halen album in your record collection, it will melt all the rest of your records."

How sweet is that line!!!! It's totally something I would say, though I wouldn't actually mean it.

It made me laugh because in my last post I talked about Guitar Hero. After I was done playing, I gave the guitar (or my "axe") back to one of the kids. I said, "Be careful, I don't want you to burn your hands." Implying that my playing was so hot, I almost melted the guitar. It was not actually that hot.

I love phrases like that. I have to say that the David Lee Roth quote is probably one of the best, but if you can think of any or just make some up, I'd love to hear them.

Like, "It's a tough life when you look so good. Sometimes when I walk down the street, people just burst into flames because I'm so hot."

I like how most of them have to do with things being "so hot" that they will melt stuff, burn stuff or require a fan. Ahhh...to be a rock star.

I'm off to burn up the stage.

Enjoy!

-Lopez

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

"If you want them to know that there is steak for dinner, then you have to let them hear the sizzle!"

-To Wong Foo, Thanks for Everything, Julie Newmar

Anonymous said...

nice...I need to use the word "sizzle" more often.

Thanks!

Anonymous said...

People should read this.