Monday, March 31, 2008

comfy cows

This morning we talked about cows producing more milk because the farmer bought them all waterbeds. It's true. Cows with a nice waterbed love to make milk. I have NO idea why. Maybe some sort of liquid kinship? Does that even make sense?! I have no idea what I'm talking about...

I do know that I never understood waterbeds. Does anybody even have these anymore?

Did some folks sit around at Sealy and say, "Hmmm...we're getting killed in the bed market. What can we do that will put us back on top?"

"Well...I always loved beds...AND I love water...if only I could combine my two loves in life..."

"I've got it! Why not sleep in a kiddie pool!"

"OR! We could put all that water into a giant balloon and you could sleep on that!"

"That's totally groovy, man! Chicks will dig it." (I add that part because it just HAS to be a man who thought these were sexy enough to attract women.)

"We'll call it a Swishy Wave Sleeper."

Then, a few years later, somebody else called it a waterbed and history was made.

A few years after that we found out that the only women who thought waterbeds were groovy were, in fact, cows.

It all comes full circle. I don't know where that circle started...or where it even ends, but it sounds very zen and I'm feeling zennie today.

I'm off to sleep on water.

Enjoy!

-Lopez

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lopez- This made me think of you, check it out

http://www.crazythoughts.com/

Anonymous said...

I appreciate the site, but that person's thoughts ARE crazy. MY thoughts are completely sane.

I can't imagine why you would think that :)