Monday, November 19, 2007

Caffeine: The Prequel

Well, since I have nothing else going on, I figured I would tell you all about my addiction to caffeine.

Many years ago in a bedroom far away, I had a little fridge. In that little fridge lived many cans of Coca Cola. In those cans lived one of my only friends in high school, caffeine. (the other friend was comic books)

I drank many cans of soda every day. I also ate a lot of bread. Why? I have no idea. It was good. Oh...don't forget skittles, too. I ate a lot of those. A LOT of those.

The years went by and I decided I drank too much soda and got too much caffeine, so I decided to stop. This was in college. I also never drank coffee. I just didn't like the taste.

Then many reports came out about coffee being good for you. People have better memory when they are older. There are antioxidants. They have flavanols. I don't know what flavanols are, but they sound wonderful.

They sound like something out of Willy Wonka, right?

WW: Here is a funtastic new item for you kids to try! They are called Flavanols and they make your taste buds fly!

Kids: Wow! They have so much Flava! I can't wait to enjoy more! Please let us have more of these flavanols before we head out the door!

Why did that rhyme? I don't know. It seemed like the thing to do.

Anyways, I thought adding a little caffeine into my life would improve my health and my bad mood. I don't know about the health, but it didn't do much for my mood. We're still working on that.

So NOW, I found a few different types of coffee that I can stand. Exciting!

Wow. This story was WAY less interesting than I thought it would be. I hope you had your coffee before reading it. I may have put you to sleep. What are you addicted to? What did you give up? Let me know!

I have to go wake up.

Enjoy!

-Lopez

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Behold the coffee virgin! I have never had a single cup of the stuff. My dad was a HUGE coffee drinker, to the point where his doctor told him that he had to quit it cold turkey. Watching him go through the withdrawal left me with the impression that starting up with coffee was a bad idea-- just like starting up with cigarettes. So I just never tried it, and now it's kind of a point of pride with me. I do love the scent of coffee though. It's very soothing.