Thursday, November 8, 2007

Gruesome Grammatical Guiles!!!!

Do you dare go forward wary reader? The story below could frighten the faint of heart! Be wary, a perilous path lies ahead!

It's time for the Adventures of the Amazing Ampersand and the Courageous Comma! Can this terrific team escape from the clutches of the evil Grammar Grinder?!

Wow! That's scary! Anyways, I'm making this silly story up for a reason. I'm hoping some of the bosses don't read it because it could get me in trouble. Don't tell anyone, ok?

This is some behind the scenes stuff from the station. Have you seen that fancy new logo we have? It's on the website. It says "The Kellogg Krew with Chris, Dina, & Lopez". It's all purple and swirly and cool. It's our sweet new logo.

Well, there was a big hoopla about whether there should be a comma after Dina. Everybody was looking up stuff that said it could go either way. But, in a list, it is proper English to place the comma before the "and". What was confusing, I think, was that we used the ampersand (the & symbol) instead of the word "and". As far as I know, "&" is equal to "and".

Now, I'm not one to get grammar correct all the time. Really, you can ask my mom. She'll call me and tell me about the mistakes on this blog. Can you spot them all today? I see one already, but I don't care! HA! Does anybody care about grammar anymore! NO!

I'm kidding. Grammar rocks. I believe there should be a comma after Dina because otherwise it implies that "Dina & Lopez" is one thing. We are not. We are two VERY separate entities.

That's all for today. There is your grammar lesson. Fun! Go tell your friends & neighbors! They will appreciate, thank, & love you for the information.

I have to go run, jump, & play.

Enjoy!

-Lopez

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pretty good, but you do have a couple of grammatical errors relating to commas. However, since you do not care, I will not correct them.

Mom

Anonymous said...

ti should also say that this blog was pretty funny!

Anonymous said...

Which is scarier?
Bears or Grammar?

Lopez said...

I'm sure I added WAY too many commas in this entry. I was hoping for dramatic pauses...though ellipses would work too. Or, in real English, they would not. hehe...

There is this mythical bear that uses bad grammar all the time and it scares the snot out of me. We call him the bear-er of bad grammar. HA!

Anonymous said...

"Does anyone care about grammar?" and not "Does anyone care about grammar!"... I mean, you are asking and not implying, correct?
-The...