Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Jury Duty

I'm back from jury duty! I didn't have to come into work yesterday because I had to go judge people. The sad thing is that I didn't actually get to do anything.

I went to the courthouse at 7:30 and sat there until 1pm. That was it. All I did was read comic books all morning. That was actually pretty awesome. Maybe not exactly what you think of as a great day, but wouldn't you rather skip work for a day and do something you like? I bet you would!

I loaded up my purse/messenger bag with comics just in case I had to sit there all day. Lucky for me, my bag is HUGE and it was filled to the brim. I brought snacks and a sandwich and comic books. The x-ray guy probably thought I was supplying food and reading material for everybody getting called in!

What would you like to do if you could skip work for a day?

I'm off to be judgemental!

Enjoy!

-Lopez

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Shame you didn't get selected Logan! If I was on trial, I'd want you on my jury. But then again, I'd miss hearing you on the air if you got selected for a long-running trial, so maybe it's better this way.

Anonymous said...

You might have had to sit in a courthouse all day, but you got PAID to read comics yesterday. Sounds like a good day of citizenship to me!
Zan