Tuesday, January 29, 2008

paradiddle

A lot of folks might not know this, but I used to be a drummer. That's right, waaaaaaaay back in the day, I had a drum set and would rock on with my clock on. (get it? because the drummer keeps time in the band? time...clock? funny? eh...)

A paradiddle is a type of pattern you hit the drum with. It's one of the many rock and roll drum beats I learned. How did I learn to rock so hard? Carmine Appice. Yep. The famous drummer from the late 60's rock band Vanilla Fudge. What a great name, right? He wrote books on drum technique. You should check out his web page.
http://www.carmineappice.net/home.html

See how cool he was? I learned from the best.

Anyways, back when I was in a band called "$240 Worth of Pudding" (almost as clever as "Vanilla Fudge"), I had an appreciation for all things drum. Maybe someday I'll tell you all about "Two-Forty", as we liked to call ourselves.

This guy I found online rocks. What makes him so cool? He plays along with Super Mario Bros. Yeah. Awesome. Check it out. I love double bass drum. That's the big drum on the floor, if you're not a drummer. It's that buddabuddabuddabudda sound.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EF9e2ZVAapE&feature=user

I like it. I wish I could still play. Oh well.

I'm off to flam. (another drum thing)

Enjoy!

-Lopez

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Lopez, you can paradiddle my flam any time!

Anonymous said...

no silly, you can't paradiddle a flam, but you can put a flam into a paradiddle.

Sheesh...some people...hehe

:)

Anonymous said...

Oooh yeah-$240 worth of pudding-oooh yeah!
Zan