Thursday, January 24, 2008

soda

Hi again! I'm feeling fizzy today!

That's not supposed to sound weird. It actually means I'm talking about soda. These days, I don't drink a lot of soda. I don't know why, but I drink mostly water. I guess it's healthier or something.

BUT! Back in the day...way back before I cared about my health, I would drink a lot of soda...and it was good!

Top choice? Probably Cherry Coke...or IBC Root Beer...or Mug Root Beer...or Shasta!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Shasta is a heavy duty orange-flavored soda. Check it out, you will find it has more calories per serving than any other orange-flavored soda. That's what gives it the Shas-tastic flavor. It's also a fun word to say as an expletive.

Example:

I'm walking down the street and WHAM!!! I get hit with a baseball bat. What do I say? Thas right! "Oh Shasta! That hurt!!!!!!" (yeah...the "t" is missing on purpose in "Thas"...it's fun to say it that way)

I found this site that remembers the old sodas that you can't find anymore.
http://listverse.com/miscellaneous/top-10-discontinued-sodas/

It's pretty cool. I also miss some of them. Crystal Pepsi and Slice. Oh...those were good!

And a Hubba Bubba soda?! How sweet is that! I can drink my bubble gum! Genius!

They are missing one soda that was super-rad. "OK" soda. It was an orange/cola-flavored soda. What made "OK" so fun was that you could call 1-800-I-FEEL-OK and hear weird messages about the magical properties of "OK" soda. You could also leave your own experiences.

I remember calling it once and the guy on the phone said, "I drank a can of OK soda. Then I took a bath and pushed in my belly-button and became invisible".

Why didn't I forget that? Because I tried it, like, a million times! Never worked.

I would call with my friends, Max and Tim, and we would leave a bunch of weird messages hoping the folks at "OK" would use them. I don't know if they ever did.

What soda do you miss? And does reading my blog give you any magical powers? I'd love to hear about both!

I'm off to fizz-out! Seriously, I like flat soda. Weird, right?

Enjoy!

-Lopez

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lopez, hold on to your socks.

Good and Fruity's are coming back!!!

Anonymous said...

Darn it! I wasn't holding onto my socks...I just lost them from that news!!!