Friday, January 11, 2008

spider-man

Ok, I wasn't sure if I wanted to do this as a post or not, but I think I will. If you don't like geeks yelling, then this is not for you, but if you find it fun to laugh at geeks getting all huffy puffy, then this is your lucky day! I will warn you...this is kind of long..

Now, in case you didn't know, Spider-Man has been married to Mary Jane for about 20 years. Also, not too long ago, Spidey showed the world that he was Peter Parker in a HUGE press conference.

Ok, here's the quick background: Aunt May was shot. Peter's been trying to find somebody to save her life. The demon Mephisto comes by to make a deal. He'll take the love from Peter and MJ's marriage and give Aunt May her life. Then MJ works out a secret little deal to make sure Peter's identity isn't known to the world.

POOF! It is done. Aunt May is alive and well. MJ and Peter never got married and nobody knows that Peter is Spider-Man.


Ready for the complaints? (Imagine me saying all this loud and fast with lots of hand waving) What kind of superhero makes a deal with the devil?!?! They know he can't be trusted! What's up with that?!

Now, I don't care if MJ and Peter are together. I like her, but it wouldn't bother me if they separated...some other way. But, since it "never happened", the last 20 years of comic books haven't happened. Oh, that's nice. That's like Voldemort saying a spell in the middle of the Harry Potter books that made it so Harry didn't go to Hogwarts, but instead went into Real Estate. All of a sudden, none of that aweomse stuff ever happened! Annoying, right?!

Also, everybody "forgot" that Peter is Spidey. They do know that Spidey took his mask off in a HUGE (as stated earlier) press conference, but nobody remembers who was under the mask. Somebody can just YouTube it and see it again, right? I guess not! Mephisto deleted it all!


Now, I know these are comic books and people come back to life and fly and travel through time, but they usually try to come up with something better than "we all forgot".

Seriously? We all forget? The whole world can't remember? How does that happen!

LAME!!!!!!

Phew...that is all. I'm sure I could go on forever, but you've suffered enough. I've warned you in the past that sometimes I have to post "geek stuff". I can't hide it all the time.

I'm off to go cuddle with my comic books.


Enjoy!

-Lopez

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is so lame.

They did something like that on "Dallas" when some guy was dead for most of the season but then they had him walk out of the shower one morning and his wife realizes the whole time, it was only a dream.

Reminds me of the whole "Crisis on Infinite Earth" and "Earth Prime" stuff. Sometimes comic books just try to have the cake and eat it too, so they have one universe with a cake and one with an empty plate.

Anonymous said...

Exactly!